ECCB 2010 - Call for Posters
|Aggiungi l'evento al calendario||
The European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB10) will be held on September 26-29, 2010 in Ghent, Belgium. POSTER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 20, 2010
ECCB10 is the key European computational biology event in 2010 uniting scientists working in a broad range of disciplines, including bioinformatics, computational biology, medicine, biology, and systems biology. This year we have had a record number of 216 manuscript submissions. We are thus looking forward to a fruitful scientific meeting.
Ghent is centrally located in Western Europe and is reachable by car within a day of travel from most cities in The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, France, and the UK. It is also easily reachable by high-speed train since Belgium is a hub of the European high-speed rail networks (Thalys, Eurostar, TGV, and ICE).
Ghent is one of Europe's most exciting medieval settings, a glorious eclectic city with spectacular buildings and a vivid cultural experience (National Geographic Traveler recently ranked it 3rd best historic place to visit internationally). Ghent is directly accessible by train from Brussels airport. The conference venue is highly convenient and located in a beautiful park within the city center.
We invite you to submit posters in any area of computational biology and bioinformatics. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
- Sequence analysis, alignment, and next-generation sequencing
- Comparative genomics, phylogeny, and evolution
- Protein & nucleotide structure
- Annotation and prediction of molecular function
- Gene regulation and transcriptomics
- Text mining, ontologies, and databases
- Protein interactions, molecular networks, and systems biology
- Genomic medicine
- Other bioinformatics applications
Posters, representing condensed descriptions of ongoing work, will be displayed during the meeting. Posters should describe original, interesting, and solid scientific content that is relevant to bioinformatics and computational biology. See guidelines at http://www.eccb10.org/index.php/guidelines/posters.
At least one of the authors of the poster will have to attend the meeting. The presenting author of each poster must register for the conference by the early registration deadline of August 13, 2010 for the poster to be included in the program.
- Call for posters open - January 10, 2010
- Poster submission deadline - June 20, 2010
- Poster acceptance notification - July 11, 2010
- Registration open - May 7, 2010
- Early registration deadline - August 13, 2010
- Workshop and tutorials - Sunday September 26, 2010
- Conference opening - Sunday evening, September 26, 2010
- Main conference (proceedings, posters, and industry/demo track) - September 26-29, 2010