Call for Papers: IEEE CIBCB 2010
|Persona di riferimento||L. Gwenn Volkert Ã|
|Partecipanti||ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:, General Chair L. Gwenn Volkert, Program Chair: Dan Ashlock, Technical Co-Chairs: Francesco Masulli, Mihail Popescu, Clare Bates Congdon, Publicity Chair: Sorin Draghici, Proceedings Chair: Chengpeng (Charlie) Bi, Finance Chair: Gary Fogel|
|Aggiungi l'evento al calendario||
2010 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Special Session Proposals Due: 15 Nov. 2009
Tutorial Proposals Due: 15 Nov. 2009
Paper submission deadline: 15 Dec. 2009
Author notification: 15 Feb. 2010
Camera-ready paper deadline: 15 Mar. 2010
Conference: 2-5 May 2010
This symposium will bring together top researchers, practitioners, and students from around the world to discuss the latest advances in the field of Computational Intelligence and its application to real world problems in biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, chemical informatics, bioengineering and related fields.
Computational Intelligence (CI) approaches includes artificial neural networks, fuzzy logic, evolutionary algorithms, hybrid approaches and other emerging techniques.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- high-throughput data analysis (microarrays, mass spectrometry, EST, etc.)
- molecular docking and drug design
- RNA and protein folding and structure prediction
- metabolic pathway analysis
- analysis of large biological data sets
- single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis
- immuno- and chemo-informatics
- molecular evolution and phylogenetics
- bio and medical ontologies
- microRNA gene expression analysis
- molecular sequence alignment and analysis
- systems and synthetic biology
- emergent properties in complex biological system
- computational proteomics
- motif and signal detection
- medical image analysis and pattern recognition
- in-silico optimization of biological systems
The use of computational intelligence must play a substantial role in submitted papers. Submissions will be peer reviewed and accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and will be indexed in IEEE eXplore.
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers of no more than eight (8) pages in IEEE conference format, including results, figures and references. Submission details can be found on the symposium web site at: www.cibcb.org/CIBCB2010. Authors are expected to present their paper at the symposium.
CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS and TUTORIALS:
Consult the CIBCB'10 symposium web site for instructions on proposing a special session or tutorial. Papers for special sessions must have significant computational intelligence content.
The symposium will take place at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal located in beautiful downtown Montreal close to the University of Montreal and McGill University